Salary: Minimum $45,000 per year
The field district will require extensive travel and overnight stays in the southern Middle Tennessee and Cumberland Plateau area. The candidate is required to live in the district unless specifically authorized by the Executive Director. The extensive area of this district would allow for an exception to someone wishing to live in the Nashville area.
This position’s primary responsibilities are as follows:
- A primary focus on recruitment of active and retired state employees for the purpose of association membership growth.
- Maintaining and advising local chapters throughout the assigned district.
- Organizing grassroots membership events around important employment issues as directed by the TSEA leadership.
- Promoting Association development at the district and chapter level.
- Organizing and facilitating political endorsement meetings with local leaders under the direction of TSEA leadership.
- Registering as a lobbyist for the Association and keeping up with required ethical guidelines, and working with the Government Affairs Director and other TSEA leadership on state employment issues only.
- Developing and delivering consistent local, regional, and statewide leadership training for chapter leaders as approved by TSEA leadership.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records of officers and chapter governance documents.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A valid driver’s license.
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driver record must be clear of violations.
Some skills and abilities necessary to be successful in this position include but are not limited to:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary ethics.
- Maintaining daily administrative tasks.
- Ability to work independently within given parameters and details.
- Daily travel is required, and access to a vehicle is necessary.
- Ability to get in and out of a car multiple times per day.
- Operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis.
- Driving to and from regions safely in city, rural, and expressway conditions during regular weather conditions, both during daylight and low-light occasions.
- Hours for this position may not always be set during normal business hours and could include early morning or late-night meetings and travel.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. TSEA is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
Please send resumes to: [email protected]