Legal Services Coordinator
Work Location: Nashville, TN
Compensation: Negotiable, salaried position w/benefits
The Tennessee State Employees Association (TSEA) has an immediate need in Nashville for a Legal Service Coordinator to join our team.
Specific job duties:
- Timely and accurate counsel for members regarding job-related complaints and appeals.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal laws, rules and policies related to employee rights and responsibilities.
- Provide suggestions for solutions and alternatives for job-related complaints.
- Investigate issues, inequities, and complaints and complete analysis of facts.
- Prepare appeal forms, monitor progress, represent complainant at Step I hearing and prepare written reports for attorney upon request.
- Keep members informed regarding TSEA representation and track status of appeals.
- Assist members with appeals regarding written warnings and other areas of appeal.
- Assist members with review of performance evaluations, written rebuttals/responses to performance evaluations, and assist with filing appeals on performance evaluations in a timely matter.
- Provide members with up-to-date state policies, rules, regulations and statutes upon request.
- Assist members in completing forms for appeals as needed.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Assist in the accurate compilation and analysis of data for Legal Services Division.
- Timely input of data into the Member Assistance database.
- Keep confidential information secured.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working in core functional human resources disciplines (performance management, employment law, employee relation and compliance)
- Knowledge of TN State policies and the 2012 TEAM Act
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills
- Applies sound judgment in assessing employee relations issues
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Some travel may be required
Interested qualified applicants please email resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.