…THE MORE MEMBERS WE HAVE
…THE STRONGER WE BECOME
…THE MORE WE CAN DO
There is no doubt about it, our strength is in our numbers. And, there is a direct connection between our ability to be successful and our strength. We have a lot of things we want to accomplish for state employees, including pay raises. That is why we continue to work toward strengthening the association.
When we grow our association, we strengthen our legislative efforts and improve our service to you. When our association grows, there are more members working together to raise their collective voices and vote in August and November for candidates who will work for state employees. This support goes a long way toward securing a raise for you during the next legislative session.
But it simply cannot be done without YOU!
The contest is simple:
Every member who has recruited someone, as well as every recruit, since November 1, 2014 through the end of November 2015 is automatically entered for a chance to win $5,000 in cash or a once-in-a-lifetime vacation as a part of our 2015 Target: Pay Raise Membership Campaign!
For every person you recruit, you receive an entry into the Target: Pay Raise contest. For example, if you recruit 5 people*, you receive 5 entries.
In addition, each new employee* you recruit receives an entry into the drawing for their own grand prize.
That’s right, we are giving away TWO GRAND PRIZES, one for the winning recruiter, and one for the winning recruit! Click HERE for recruiting resources, applications, and more.
*Recruited Members must be active, dues paying TSEA members in good standing on the date of the Raffle drawing in order to count toward the contest.
Two Grand Prizes will be awarded:
- A $5,000 vacation for one recruiter, or cash value
- A $5,000 vacation for one new member, or cash value
- Plus a paid Costco membership for both!
Members can select a vacation from any offered by Costco Travel Services or use the funds for their personal use.
2015 TSEA Membership Campaign: Raffle Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- ELIGIBILITY: The 2015 TSEA Membership Campaign Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open to all TSEA active and/or retiree members who are currently dues paying TSEA members in good standing (‘TSEA Members”) at all times between the date of the launch of the 2015 TSEA Membership Campaign (the “Campaign”), November 1, 2014, and the date of the Raffle drawing, by December 31 2015, inclusive.
- TSEA staff members are not eligible to participate in the Raffle.
- RULES: A TSEA Member will receive one (1) Raffle ticket for each non-TSEA member recruited (the “Recruited Member”) during the Campaign. The Recruited Member must be a current employee of the State of Tennessee at all times during the Campaign. The Recruited Member may be a former TSEA member. A TSEA Member will not receive a Raffle ticket for recruiting a retired employee of the State of Tennessee. TSEA Members may recruit multiple non-TSEA members and receive a Raffle ticket for each Recruited Member.
- Each Recruited Member who is recruited by a TSEA Member or a TSEA Field Representative will also receive one (1) Raffle ticket. The Recruited Member must be an active, dues paying TSEA member in good standing on the date of the Raffle drawing. Upon the Recruited Member becoming a TSEA member in good standing, the Recruited Member is eligible as a TSEA Member to participate in the Campaign.
- PRIZES: One TSEA Member will receive a vacation provided by Costco Travel Services not to exceed Five Thousand ($5,000.00) Dollars and a paid standard membership to Costco for a period of one (1) year. In the event the TSEA Member elects not to accept the vacation, the TSEA Member will be awarded a single, one-time payment of Five Thousand ($5,000.00) Dollars.
- One Recruited Member will receive a vacation provided by Costco Travel Services not to exceed Five Thousand ($5,000.00) Dollars and a paid standard membership to Costco for a period of one (1) year. In the event the Recruited Member elects not to accept the vacation, the Recruited Member will be awarded a single, one-time payment of Five Thousand ($5,000.00) Dollars.
- A TSEA Member who also qualifies as a Recruited Member is not eligible to receive both prizes.
- The value of the prize is considered taxable income and the winning TSEA Member and the Recruited Member will be individually and solely responsible for any income taxes resulting from acceptance of the prizes.
- PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The drawing to award the prizes to the TSEA Member and the Recruited Member will be conducted by December 31, 2014 at the offices of the Tennessee State Employees Association, 627 Woodland Street, Nashville, Tennessee 37206.
- CONDITIONS: TSEA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Raffle.
- By entering this Raffle, TSEA members (a) agree to these official rules and the decisions of TSEA which shall be final in all respects; (b) release TSEA, its respective directors, officers and employees from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; and (c) acknowledge that TSEA has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize including, but not limited to, its quality, except for the standard limited warranty provided with the prize. Noncompliance with the official rules will result in disqualification.
- WINNER/RULES: The name of the winner may be announced by TSEA, used in print material and social media. The TSEA Member and the Recruited member grant TSEA the right to use their name(s) in the said announcements by their participation in the Raffle.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Tennessee State Employees Association, 627 Woodland Street, Nashville, Tennessee 37206.