Work Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Range: $15/hour
Time Status: Part-Time
Flexible schedule: 20 hours per week between the hours of 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M – F. Exact hours are flexible.
Our statewide non-profit has an immediate need in Nashville for a Part-time Communications Assistant to join our team.
To support and assist the Communications Director with the implementation of the organization’s marketing and branding strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Help with the implementation of support materials in the areas of marketing, branding, communications and public relations. Work with the Communications Director to develop and implement effective internal and external communication strategies that benefit the organization.
· Receive, verify/proof, design, prepare and mail or email chapter meeting notices for organization’s 47 chapters;
· Maintain member preferences on the delivery of chapter meeting notices;
· Actively monitor state and national media for content which impacts the organization and its members and immediately post relevant content to all active social media channels;
· Actively seek out and post all organization activity to social media;
· Maintain, update, and monitor all social media activity daily;
· Maintain and update WordPress website content daily;
· Maintain and actively update the membership database with current membership contact data;
· Draft, create, and/or proof email blasts as assigned by the Communications Director;
· Post content to the website as assigned by Communications Director;
· Real-time social media updates;
· Assist with editing of the organization newspaper;
· Actively maintain and update all association publications as directed;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Results driven, resourceful, energetic, and hands-on individual
· Keen attention to detail
· Proficient with computers
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
· Ability to work with urgent deadlines, flexible priorities and manage multiple high-priority assignments
· Online marketing experience a plus
· Email marketing (e.g., Constant Contact, Emma)
· Social media (facebook, twitter)
· Ability to take direction and follow instructions
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Desktop publishing
· Microsoft Word
· Basic graphic design skills a plus
· Personable and Professional demeanor
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Ability to work independently
Job Type: Part-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Email Resume and Letter of intent by Wednesday, Dec. 19 to Chris Dauphin at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.