Today (11/21/23), ParTNers for Health informed plan members that Ballad Health and BCBST reached an agreement last week, which means the following facilities will remain in BCBS Network S and BCBS Network P:
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City
- Greeneville Community Hospital, Greeneville
- Hancock County Hospital Center, Sneedville
- Hawkins County Memorial Hospital, Rogersville
- Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Indian Path Community Hospital, Kingsport
- Johnson City Medical Center Hospital, Johnson City
- Johnson County Community Hospital, Mountain City
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton
- Unicoi County Hospital, Erwin
Prior to this agreement, BCBST and Ballad Health were in negotiations regarding their contract. If they didn’t reach this agreement, Ballad Health hospitals and affiliated providers would have left BCBS Network S and BCBS Network P effective Jan. 1, 2024.
In addition, ParTners for Health recently updated plan members (11/17/23) that an agreement has been reached between Maury Regional Health System and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. As a result, Maury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, Marshall County Medical Center in Lewisburg, and Wayne Medical Center in Waynesboro will remain in BCBS Network S and BCBS Network P.
Prior to this agreement, BCBST and Maury Regional Health System were in negotiations regarding their contract. Had they not reached an agreement, Maury Regional Health System hospitals and affiliated providers would have left BCBS Network S and BCBS Network P effective Feb. 1, 2024.
Other carrier network negotiations continue. From the ParTNers for Health website:
- Cigna and Covenant Health System are currently in negotiations. If Cigna and Covenant cannot reach an agreement, Covenant hospitals and their affiliated medical groups will leave the Cigna LocalPlus and Cigna OAP networks effective March 1, 2024.
For the latest information and updates, please visit their carrier network announcements page online at this link: Carrier Network Updates (tn.gov)