Annual Enrollment begins Friday, October 1, 2021!
Annual Enrollment dates:
State & Higher Education:
October 1 – 15, 2021
Local Education, Local Government & Retirees:
October 1 – 29, 2021
What is Annual Enrollment?
Annual enrollment is the time period each year when you’re allowed to start, stop or change your health insurance plan. Even if you don’t make changes during Annual Enrollment, it’s always good to review the benefits because network and benefits may change, and it can impact you. If eligible, during Annual Enrollment you can:
• Choose your health insurance option
• Choose or change your health insurance carrier (BlueCross BlueShield
of TN or Cigna) and network
• If eligible, enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible
• Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (Cigna or MetLife)
if offered by your agency
• Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (Davis Vision Basic
or Expanded) if offered by your agency
• Enroll in or cancel voluntary accidental death and dismemberment
(AD&D) coverage (state plan only)
• Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease voluntary term life coverage
amounts (state plan only)
• Enroll in Short Term and/or Long-Term Disability insurance (state
• Enroll in Short Term Disability Insurance (higher education employees
• Enroll in flexible benefits (state and higher education employees only)
For a quick overview of benefit updates, view this video from ParTNers for Health:
Annual Enrollment for 2022 Benefits: 10 Things You Need to Know
To view the state’s Annual Enrollment page, which includes enrollment information, various videos, and other helpful information, visit: https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/ae.html
Insurances available through TSEA – PLEASE READ
TSEA members, as part of their membership, have access to many outstanding voluntary benefit options, which are available for purchase year-round. We encourage our members to consider all insurance options before making a decision during annual enrollment.
If you have questions about the voluntary benefits and insurance products offered through TSEA by companies such as AFLAC and Ameritas, you can contact Federated Marketing during regular business hours at 1-800-880-6542 or by email at: email@example.com.