As you may know, TSEA is working in partnership with TDOC on a survey of correctional workers about their work schedule preference. The survey is currently active and will close on Sunday, Dec. 13 at 11:59 p.m.
A few points about the survey:
- TSEA initiated the idea of a staff survey to help give TDOC employees a voice over their future.
- The survey employees received is not the comprehensive survey TSEA originally envisioned.
- Nonetheless, to provide a layer of protection for state employees, TSEA remained involved in the survey and maintains complete control over the distribution and data collection portion of the survey.
- Since TSEA retains 100% control of the data both sent and received, employees should feel no apprehension about completing the survey, as no information that can identify them will be shared with their department.
- TSEA may on its own issue a more comprehensive survey in the near future.
As TSEA has said time and time again, our number one priority is the safety and protection of state employees. We are working diligently to help find solutions to problems we see in TDOC. As we continue to move forward, members can expect TSEA to be very active in seeking solutions from TDOC, as well as through legislators.
In addition, there is a comprehensive Q&A interview with Commissioner Schofield in our latest edition of the Co-Worker. You can log in to the members section on our website to view the Co-Worker online.
If you have questions about the survey, please contact TSEA by email at [email protected] or by phone toll-free at 800-251-8732.