As the pace picks up in the halls of the Cordell Hull building, TSEA continues to hold productive meetings with your legislators as we work to secure sponsors for legislation that supports our legislative agenda. The Feb. 2 bill filing deadline is on the horizon, and we will begin to share bill numbers in the coming legislative updates.
As a reminder, Livestreams and videos of legislative meetings and activities are accessible on the legislative calendar page at this link: https://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/schedule/
TSEA Legislative Priorities for 2022
- Funding for Pay4Performance increases
- Supporting an updated market adjustment study and funding of the needed revenue to bring all classes to the market rate
- Encourage market studies at all Universities including the necessary funding
- Increased access to all state employees
- Secure continued funding of TCRS to reach 100 percent for state and higher ed employees
- Secure funding to continue the state’s 80 percent portion of health insurance for state and higher ed employees
- Retention bonus based on pay for performance
- Restore the legislative intent of the burden of proof in a disciplinary hearing to the state
- Equalization of Correctional Teacher Pay
- Support elimination of private prisons
- Increase in 401 (K) match
- Monitor any caseload legislation for DCS case managers
- Advocate for moving the ranges for all classifications
- Pursue further discounts for state employees at state parks
Save These Dates
Upcoming Legislative Dinners:
Thursday, February 10, 5:00 p.m. – Shelby County/Memphis Higher Ed – RSVP Here
Thursday, February 17, 6:00 p.m. – Davidson County – RSVP Here
Saturday, February 19, 9:00 a.m. – Northeast TN Legislative Breakfast – RSVP Here
If you live in one of the regions for the Legislative Events listed above, check your email for more information.
TSEA Lobby Day:
Tuesday, April 5 – Nashville, TN
Gov. Bill Lee’s State of the State Address:
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee will deliver his annual State of the State address in the Tennessee State Capitol House Chamber this coming Monday, January 31, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. CT. During his fourth annual State of the State address, Governor Bill Lee will outline his budget and legislative priorities for the year.
To view the State of the State address live, visit the following links on the broadcast date and time listed above:
Thank you for being a member of TSEA and for your dedication and commitment to serving Tennessee’s citizens. Please continue to monitor your email for the latest updates.
Not a member? Join TSEA today at https://tseaonline.org/jointsea/